db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connecting to Apache Derby using DB2 unified driver
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2017 14:49:34 GMT
Interoperability between the DB2 driver and the Derby server
disappeared many years ago.

I don't think Derby 10.8 is anywhere old enough for things to work
properly; I think the last serious testing of those configurations was
back in the 10.2, 10.3 days (though my memory is fuzzy).

However, if you got things to "mostly work", I'm sure the community
would be quite interested to hear the details, and of course if you
wanted to contribute patches to improve the Derby behavior in that
configuration, they would certainly receive attention by the
developers.

bryan

P.S. It's been years since I looked at the DB2 driver. Is it by any
chance open source now?