db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Peter Hansson <peterhansson...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Very, very large .dat files
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2017 12:59:21 GMT

I guess the question is if Apache Derby supports table partitioning (the
term used in Oracle RDBMS).  I understand it doesn't.

This means that if I have an incredible large Derby table then that will
mean an incredible large single .dat file too. (a table is always stored
in a single .dat file, right?)

Any suggestions? Any props that may control this?