db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bob M <rgmatth...@orcon.net.nz>
Subject Re: selecting a particular record from a derby table
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2018 04:12:31 GMT
Thanks Bryan

I have rewritten the code as follows
 // if we have a candidate_ID to be validated, update Prototype record with
Occurances
if (Candidate_ID_to_be_validated > 0) {
        fw.writetoFile(("we get to here - 1"), File_Name);
        // update Occurances field in the similar Prototypes record by 1
        psUpdate = conn.prepareStatement("UPDATE PROTOTYPES SET Occurances =
Occurances + 1                 WHERE Prototype_ID = ?");
        fw.writetoFile(("we get to here - 2"), File_Name);
        ps.setInt(1,Candidate_ID_to_be_validated);
        psUpdate.executeUpdate();
        // commit the above transactions
        conn.commit();
        fw.writetoFile(("Updated Prototypes record with Occurances"),
File_Name);
        fw.writetoFile(("and Occurances is : - " + (Occurances + 1)),
File_Name);
Candidate_ID_to_be_validated = 3
The last entry in the log file is "we get to here - 2"

and I get a NullPointerException error - not exactly sure which line is
creating this error

Bob M

--
Sent from: http://apache-database.10148.n7.nabble.com/Apache-Derby-Users-f95095.html