db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple Derby embedded engine instances - problem
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2019 12:59:25 GMT
On 7/11/19 10:15 PM, Bob M wrote:
> Hi
> I run several java programs at the same time on the same PC - once started
> they action on the hour
> Each program references a separate sql database - which it hopefully
> connects to and updates some records
>
> I have 2 intermitant issues:-
>
> 1) "can't find a driver" error on 1 or more of the programs
> I have a separate copy of the driver in a different folder for each program
>
> 2) an undisclosed error (i.e. no error message) but the connection is NOT
> made and nothing is updated
>
> Please can somebody suggest where I might look to sort out these two
> problems ?
>
> Bob M
>

> --
> Sent from: http://apache-database.10148.n7.nabble.com/Apache-Derby-Users-f95095.html

Each application should have a diagnostic log called derby.log, located
in the app's current directory. To make sure that the log has maximal
information, I recommend that you boot the application with the
following JVM switches:

   -Dderby.language.logStatementText=true
-Dderby.stream.error.logSeverityLevel=0

Hope this helps,