db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bob M <rgmatth...@orcon.net.nz>
Subject Re: Multiple Derby embedded engine instances - problem
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2019 05:16:33 GMT
Hi Rick

Today I employed a delay in programs 2, 3,4, & 5 on both PCs [5 sec, 10sec,
15sec, & 20sec]

So Program 1 on both machines which uses currency-pair EURCAD start
immediately on the hour and hopefully finishes before 5 secs is up

Then Program 2 on both machines kicks off etc.

So far, I have had no errors involving missing drivers etc.

In addition, I get a new record added to each database each hour

My problem was a timing issue involving instances of derby opening while
another instance was already opened

I don't know how to better my 'work-around'

Bob M

--
Sent from: http://apache-database.10148.n7.nabble.com/Apache-Derby-Users-f95095.html