db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Oskar Zinger <oska...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Derby DB Encryption
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2019 17:47:38 GMT
I already have authentication working fine. I would like to also have data encryption.

Can I have both authentication and data encryption in Derby?

Sent from my iPhone

follow https://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.14/security/cseccsecure42374.html. Peter

>> On Wed, 24 Jul 2019 at 16:27, Oskar Z <oskarzn@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Hello - hope that someone has experience with Derby encryption.
>>
>> I’ve been using this documentation:
>> https://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.14/security/cseccsecure97760.html
>>
>> I’m not sure what’s happening, I’ve encrypted the DB using dataEncryption=true
and provided bootPassword, at first I used the same password as the Owner of DB, but then
I used a different password. But regardless, what ever password I specify or not specify as
bootPassword, the connection is made OK.

>> So to me, it looks as if the DB has not been really encrypted, even though I’m
not see any exceptions/errors in derby.log.

>> How can I tell for sure that DB encryption really happened?
>>
>> Thanks for you help!
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Oskar
>
> kaibo, s.r.o., ID 28435036, registered with the commercial register administered by the
Municipal Court in Prague, section C, file 141269.