db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Martin Neumann <martin.neum...@nsyss.com>
Subject Question regarding FOR UPDATE
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2019 03:10:33 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to run following SQL query:

SELECT
     ID,
     BROKER_NAME AS B,
     CSV_REG_EX AS C,
     ACTIVE
FROM
     APP.BROKERS
FOR UPDATE OF
     B,
     C,
     ACTIVE;

and get this error.

[Exception, Error code 30,000, SQLState 42X04] Column 'B' is either not
in any table in the FROM list or appears within a join specification and
is outside the scope of the join specification or appears in a HAVING
clause and is not in the GROUP BY list. If this is a CREATE or ALTER
TABLE  statement then 'B' is not a column in the target table.
   Line 1, column 1

Derby 10.15.1.3 is running on openJDK12 within Netbeans 11.0.

When I remove the alias for BROKER_NAME AND CVS_REG_EX it works.

Reading the documentation my understanding is that FOR UPDATE should
also work with aliased columns.

Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks and best regards
Martin