db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kerry <karaf-u...@avionicengineers.com>
Subject Re: Derby driver class name v10.15.1.3
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2019 21:48:05 GMT
Thanks Jerry,

The one artefact I didn't check, but that doesn't seem right somehow now .. seeing as there
is still derbyclient? Should documentation be updated too to reflect that?:

https://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.15/getstart/rgslib46043.html

I can see if I can raise a ticket if that;s the case

Kerry

On 22/10/2019 22:24, Jerry Lampi wrote:
> Kerry,
> Looks like it moved to derbytools.jar.
> lib\derbytools.jar->class=org/apache/derby/jdbc/ClientDriver.class
> Jerry

of Derby client and I need to specify the driver name in the applications.properties file
(spring.datasource.driver-class-name= *****). Prior to this version I would have used org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver
in the derbyclient.jar .. but it not longer exists in 10.15.1.3 of Derby? I've looked through
all the other Derby artifacts for this version and cannot find the class.

> Should I be doing something different with this version of Derby? (because of the modularisation
introduced in Java 9?) I couldn't see anything in the documentation for v10.15.1.3.