db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1839284 - in /db/torque/torque4/trunk: torque-runtime/src/main/java/org/apache/torque/ torque-runtime/src/main/java/org/apache/torque/oid/ torque-runtime/src/main/java/org/apache/torque/util/ torque-runtime/src/test/java/org/apache/torque/...
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2018 14:50:38 GMT
On 9/6/18 7:03 AM, Thomas Fox wrote:
> Ok, but should we not reset the committed and rolledBack Flag when the user could have
issued further statements after a commit/rollback, e.g. when connection.createStatement()
ist called?

Yes, I agree - at least in the general case. I our case, however,
TorqueConnection is returned from our TransactionManagerImpl which
happens to *close* the connection right after commit.

I was thinking that probably the easiest way to handle the connection
state is to rollback unconditionally before close. If work had been
committed, no harm would be done. If not, we need to rollback anyway.
WDYT? Do you have any idea of the performance implications?

Bye, Thomas