directory-api mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: isHumanReadable in LdapSyntax
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2015 17:21:59 GMT
Le 04/03/15 17:17, Radovan Semancik a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> The current code of class LdapSyntax, method isHumanReadable seems to
> return false by default (line 145).  However the comment indicates
> that it should default to string which is human readable. So the line
> should be probably "return true" and not "return false". This seemed
> to me as an obvious bug.

Indeed.

It's even worse : we check that the extensions contain the
MetaSchemaConstants.X_NOT_HUMAN_READABLE_AT value, which is
"x-not-humane-readable" (lower case) when the flag is itself uper case :/

We have to make this part case-insensitive ...

> But when I've changed it to "return true" then the
> SchemaObjectRendererTest fails ... in a quite strange way (NPE).

Hmmm, not for me.

> I do not feel to be very strong here and I'm not really sure what I'm
> doing. Could anyone please have a look and help me out?

Sure, I'm having a look at this mess atm.