directory-api mailing list archives

From Radovan Semancik <radovan.seman...@evolveum.com>
Subject Re: isHumanReadable in LdapSyntax
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2015 17:39:21 GMT
On 03/05/2015 06:18 PM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny wrote:
> Woot ! You went through the intricacy of teh ASN/1 encoder/decoder on
> your own ! Taht's impressive ! L'll have a look and probably add it
> into the API.

Thanks. But never underestimate the power of copy&paste :-)

It is not hard to figure it out. I've already implemented VLV controls
for JNDI before. And other controls implemented in the directory API are
quite a good examples to get started. None of them used the ASN.1
choice, though, so I had no place to copy this piece from. I've used a
literal (0xa0), but I assume that there is a nicer way to do that. I
mean the encoding of this part of VLV request control:

           target       CHOICE { ...

--

                                            Radovan Semancik
                                           Software Architect