directory-api mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to connect LDAP server via proxy
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2016 06:32:39 GMT
Le 15/04/16 05:51, venkateshwarlu.mulka@thomsonreuters.com a écrit :
> Hi
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> Please find the details below.
>
> I am assigned a task to investigate if LDAP library picks up system proxy while connecting
or is there a way to tell the library which proxy to connect to use the Apache Directory API
for LDAP connections.

> So, I want to connect LDAP server not directly but via proxy.
> That means, when I request for LDAP server that should go through proxy and then LDAP
server.
> Client Request -> Proxy ->  LDAP server.

We have not coded anything specific in the API to get it use a proxy.
OTOH, it seems you can enforce the use of SOCKS by using the
socksProxyHost/socksProcyPort system property, as described by
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/guide/net/proxies.html

Have you tested it ?

It would probably be useful to make it configurable through the API,
instead of having to depend on a system property. Feel free to fill a
JIRA requesting for such a feature !