Hi

On 12/8/06, Sven Schliesing <schliesing@subshell.com> wrote:
Hi,

I tried to hunt down this bug myself but the link from
http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/naming/ to the Source
Repositories gives me a 404.

Yes, this project has been moved to sandbox. You can get the sources this way :
svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/sandbox/naming .

Furthermore the Issue tracking seems to be down too, so I'm posting it
to this list.

The JIRA for naming sill exist :

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRNAMING

I guess the remaining part of your message is pretty much struts related, and we won't be able to be helpfull on this matter ...

Emmanuel

Maybe someone out there likes to check this one:
Yesterday I spent some time setting up Struts. I copied the config-file
from one of our other projects and got a weird Stack Trace:
---------------
[2006-12-08 10:10:42,129, ERROR]
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet:768: Parsing error processing
resource path /WEB-INF/struts- config.xml
java.io.FileNotFoundException
        at
org.apache.naming.resources.DirContextURLConnection.getInputStream(DirContextURLConnection.java:297)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity (Unknown
Source)
...
---------------

I triple checked the struts-config.xml and after some time I realised
that the dtd-line looks somewhat strange:
<!DOCTYPE struts-config PUBLIC "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD
Struts Configuration 1.3//EN" "../dtds/struts-config_1_2.dtd">

Changing this to
<!DOCTYPE struts-config PUBLIC "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD
Struts Configuration 1.3//EN"
"http://struts.apache.org/dtds/struts-config_1_2.dtd">
solved the FNFE.

But the meaningless FNFE-message still confused me. So I changed the
path to the dtd to:
"http://struts.apache.org/ddtds/struts-config_1_2.dtd"

Now I got a proper FNFE-message:
java.io.FileNotFoundException :
"http://struts.apache.org/ddtds/struts-config_1_2.dtd"

A meaningfull message like this could have saved me plenty of time.

Maybe someone could look at the code an fix this issue.

Thank,

Sven



--
Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny