directory-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Boorshtein <mboorsht...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Scalability / performance testing?
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2013 18:44:48 GMT

>> is it possible to share the test code? I can try to reproduce and see why
> this is happening

The tests are actually based on jmeter.  Its based on a customer's
environment and requires active directory to really replicate but here's
the ascii art version:

Webb/App Server --> LDAPS --> MyVD ----> Active Directory on Amazon EC2

                                                    --> Active Directory on
Amazon EC2

                                                    ---> Active Directory
on local network

I have a page on app server that is protected using MyVD (now built as an
ApacheDS interceptor).  The test (attached) hits the webserver which
redirects the user to a login page.  It then logs in as a random user and
requests the original page to verify the login.

I know that since I'm really testing MyVD I'm injecting quite a bit of
uncertainty.  I was hoping to better understand what could be causing these
issues so I could look in the right direction.

Thanks
Marc