directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Fortress] package generation
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2015 08:03:41 GMT
Le 03/04/15 01:42, Shawn McKinney a écrit :
>> On Apr 2, 2015, at 3:19 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have some doubt about the fortress-core-1.0-RC40-SNAPSHOT-bin*
>> tarballs, which contains a lib/ and a dist/ directories. First, I don't
>> see why we have all the used libs beside the jar (either the user will
>> not use those jars, and they are useless, or they want a standalone jar,
>> which contains all the jars in one single file. In any case, we have to
>> add the LICENSE.* files (2 are missing).
> The /lib (which is where ivy put the dependencies) and /dist (build artifacts) folders
are remnants of the, now deprecated ant build.  Now that we are using maven, the built artifacts
go in /target and the dependencies under .m2 repo.  I don’t think we should be packaging
up anything under the lib and dist.

So, bottom line, do we have to provide a binary package for Fortress ?

IMO, it's already available as a pom and it's stored in maven repo.