directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache LDAP API release 1.0.0-M30
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2015 05:16:24 GMT
Le 29/04/15 05:14, Shawn McKinney a écrit :
>> On Apr 28, 2015, at 6:03 PM, Shawn McKinney <smckinney@apache.org> wrote:
>>

>>> On Apr 28, 2015, at 5:33 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> What's weird is the error message :
>>>
>>>   Cannot run program "/opt/jdk1.7.0_71/bin/java/bin/java": error=20,
>>> Not a directory
>>>
>>> It's like you have your $JAVA_HOME set to something incorrect. Can you
>>> do a :
>>>
>>>   $ echo $JAVA_HOME
>> Was thinking same thing.  It’s correct though:
>>
>> smckinn@ubuntu:~/SVN/apache/1.0.0-M30$ echo $JAVA_HOME
>> /opt/jdk1.7.0_71/
>>
>> Here are the steps I performed:
>>
>> # svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/shared/tags/1.0.0-M30
>> # cd 1.0.0-M30/
>> # export JAVA_HOME=/opt/jdk1.7.0_71/
>> # mvn clean install
>>
>> Shawn
>> smckinney@apache.org
>
> I’m past this error now.  As Stefan suggested, there's (must be) an errant sym link
within my settings.  I can run the exact same steps on an alternate machine, ubuntu 13.04
and oracle jdk 7, with success.  So when I run the api tests using the default openjdk that
comes on the original (u 14.04) machine - they all pass!  I’ll figure out exactly why later
but can say this is not a problem with the api.

Cool !

So you can cast a vote then :-)