Thanks for your clarifying. I’m not able to open the web site and may misunderstand the purpose. Your approach looks fine to me.
One thing to note, could we add one item in the list like below? I thought ‘Kerberos’ the key term for Kerby. Thanks.
Kerberos -- Apache Kerby.
From: Pierre Smits [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2015 7:55 PM
To: Apache Directory Developers List <email@example.com>
Subject: Re: Our projects & listing @ the ASF
The doap file for each (sub) project will enable that, ensuring that it will be properly visible at https://projects.apache.org/
Categorisations, and language definitions will create a visibility regarding grouping by:
- language(s) applied/used
- area of applicability
but these can also help (adopters/users/contributors) regarding joint development and cross-pollination activities, such as events, tweeting and more.
Or am I misunderstanding your positing?
On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 12:23 PM, Zheng, Kai <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
Thanks Pierre for sorting this out!
Just a quick thought, another way could be like, listing per project, giving each project a dedicated and most distinguished position or summary. This might be able to avoid some confusion due to overlaps among these sub projects.
Currently the categories to be used for listing our projects is limited. See: http://projects-old.apache.org/categories.html
We should work on having some that suits us better, like:
- LDAP - for Apache Directory, Apache Directory Studio, LDAP API, Apache Forrtress,
- Directory Management - for Apache Directory, Apache Directory Studio
- Authentication - for Apache Directory, Apache Directory Studio, LDAP API, Apache Forrtress, Apache Kerby
- Authorisation - for Apache Directory, Apache Directory Studio, LDAP API, Apache Forrtress, Apache Kerby
- Identity Management - for Apache Directory, Apache Directory Studio, LDAP API, Apache Forrtress,, Apache Kerby
What is your viewpoint on this? Did I miss any alternatives?