directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Directory Fortress 1.0-RC42
Date Sat, 12 Mar 2016 22:12:15 GMT
Le 12/03/16 12:13, Shawn McKinney a écrit :
>> On Mar 9, 2016, at 8:54 AM, Shawn McKinney <smckinney@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> The distributions are available for download:
>> http://home.apache.org/~smckinney/
>>
>> If you are to test, you may follow either one of these README’s, located in the
root folder of the core:
>> 1. Test with Apache Directory Server: https://github.com/apache/directory-fortress-core/blob/master/README-TEN-MINUTE-GUIDE.md
>> 2. Test with OpenLDAP Directory Server: https://github.com/apache/directory-fortress-core/blob/master/README-QUICKSTART-SLAPD.md
>>
>> For either you must substitute this step:
>> Clone the directory-fortress repos from apache git by commands:
>>
>> with this one:
>> extract that particular component's source-release package
>>
>> after that instructions should be the same.
> The fact that we’re now 70 hours in w/out a response tells me one of two things.  Either
nobody’s interested, or the test procedures are too hard / confusing.  I choose the latter.

The third option that you have not listed : we were extremelly busy
until this week-end. I had to work all days and most of the nights for
the last 4 days, and I just had time to test Kerby in the train. Today I
decided not to open my ciomputer and instead to chop some wood, as we
had 2 trees down due to the last tempest. This was an interestung
physical exercise that proves that, at 50+, you can still use an axe for
more than 2 hours. Chainsaw is also very efficient...

Bottom line, keep the vote opened, I'm likely to test and vote tomorrow
or monday.

And sorry for the delay...