directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject [Fortress] Legal files cleanup (was Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Directory Fortress 1.0-RC42)
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2016 00:10:05 GMT
On 03/14/2016 09:18 PM, Shawn McKinney wrote:

>> On Mar 14, 2016, at 1:37 PM, Stefan Seelmann <mail@stefan-seelmann.de> wrote:
>>
>> If noone else works on those issues till Wednesday, I can try to fix as
>> much as possible till then.
>
> Go for it Stefan, I won’t be able to work on it before then.

Done for fortress-rest, please carefully review. I generally followed
[1] but also got inspiration from Syncope project as they also
distribute a web application with many dependencies.

* Renamed file to the bare form (without .txt) as suggested in [1]

* Source: LICENSE and NOTICE in the root folder only contain the AL2.0
and standard notice and are used for source release package. I assume
that for the Fortress source no additional notice is required?

* Maven jars: LICENSE, NOTICE, and DEPENDENCIES are generated by Apache
Resource Bundles [2]. They have the same content as those in root
folder. I deleted the files from src/main/resources/META-INF.

* WAR file: LICENSE and NOTICE file in src/main/webapp/META-INF/ are put
to WAR file, they include all the licenses of bundled 3rd party binary
dependencies.

I can continue with fortress-web but not before the weekend.

Kind Regard,
Stefan

[1] https://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html
[2] https://maven.apache.org/apache-resource-bundles/