directory-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Pike <clp...@psu.edu>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Directory Fortress 1.0-RC42
Date Sat, 12 Mar 2016 13:20:04 GMT
Shawn,

I'm new to the process and I think it would help if you provided a basic overview... Who is
allowed vote, how does someone vote, what happens when a vote is passed, what is expected
of someone who votes yes, etc...?

Thanks,

~Chris

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shawn McKinney" <smckinney@apache.org>
To: "Apache Directory Developers List" <dev@directory.apache.org>
Cc: fortress@directory.apache.org
Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2016 8:13:21 AM
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Directory Fortress 1.0-RC42

> On Mar 12, 2016, at 6:48 AM, Shawn McKinney <smckinney@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On Mar 12, 2016, at 6:17 AM, Stefan Seelmann <mail@stefan-seelmann.de> wrote:
>>
>> Instead I'd like to encourage the Fortress community (Chris, Jan, the
>> other Shawn, just to name a few) to test the release packages and give
>> your vote. That is really important because you use it all the time and
>> you can jugde if it works or not. Your vote counts!
>
> This is a very good point and I too encourage others, regardless of project status, to
place your vote.  If you have benefited from this project in the past, now is a good time
to show your appreciation.

I want to turn this message around as it sounds a bit harsh.  I neither expect nor compel
testing help from this community.  Your continued participation, via bug reports, code fixes,
etc, is all that is needed from you for this project to continue to grow.  But we would be
appreciative of additional help testing this release, if possible.

Thanks

Shawn