directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Completing the LDAP API User Guide
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2016 02:45:35 GMT
Le 28/07/16 à 23:14, Martin Rosse a écrit :
> Great!
>
> Thanks...you seem to have things well-documented, so I'm fine with trying
> to get started on my own and asking for help only if necessary.
>
> But certainly I'm open to any input that anyone thinks would be helpful as
> well.
Currently, we have two things :
- the basic LDAP API usage
(http://directory.staging.apache.org/api/user-guide/2-basic-ldap-api-usage.html)
which is almost completed, except a few operatons. That is probably the
part of the documentation which needs some review and addition, because
it's the entry point for new comers.
- The remaining doco that is really lacking.

FTR, all the documentation is stored in a SVN repository, and can be
checked out using 'svn co
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/site/trunk/'. All the pages
can be found in content/api/user-guide/. We use markdown as a syntax for
pages, the rendering is done by the ASF rendering tool.

The best is to attach any proposed modifications to this JIRA :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-74, we will apply the
patches so that it will be visible on the site.

Many thanks !