directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Sathyanarayan, Harish" <Harish.Sathyanara...@virtustream.com>
Subject RE: Queston on Interceptor
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2016 20:13:24 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

I just checked. Yes Search, Add and Modify show up my Interceptor. I have method signatures
for all these three in my Custom Interceptor. I tried delete(no signature), it did not show
my interceptor. So I guess the behavior seems consistent. So what could be the problem then...

Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lécharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2016 3:32 PM
To: Apache Directory Developers List <dev@directory.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Queston on Interceptor

Le 22/09/16 à 20:55, Sathyanarayan, Harish a écrit :
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> The custom interceptor I wrote looks like:
>
> public class ProxyInterceptor extends BaseInterceptor {
>
> @Override
> 	public EntryFilteringCursor search(final SearchOperationContext
> searchContext) throws LdapException {
>
> // call connector
> }
>
> @Override
> 	public void add(final AddOperationContext addContext) throws LdapException {
> 		try { logger.info("addContext.getEntry() ");
> 			proxyConnector.add(addContext.getEntry());
> 		} catch (CursorException e) {
> 			logger.info(e.getMessage());
> 		}
> 		next(addContext);
> 	}
>
> @Override
> public void modify(final ModifyOperationContext modifyContext) throws
> LdapException {
>
> 	}
>
> }
>

> I am calling this interceptor from my resource class. For example the rest call for modify
does not work:

> 		               Modification mod = new DefaultModification( ModificationOperation.REPLACE_ATTRIBUTE,
"o",
> 			    "test123456" );
> 			ModifyRequest modifyRequest = new ModifyRequestImpl();
> 			modifyRequest.setName(new Dn("dc=example,dc=com"));
> 			modifyRequest.addModification(mod);
>
> 			getConnection().modify(modifyRequest);
> 				// connection.modify("test", );
> 				logger.info("after modify");
> 				releaseConnection(connection);
>

> Hope this helps, let me know if anything else...thanks!

Ok, makes sense.

The interceptors are weird little beasts... The way they are called is a bit complex.

Basically, each interceptor can implement as many method as needed, from the interface they
implement. Each of those method is going to be called by the previous interceptor. Up to this
point, you get it right.

Now, the tricky part is how the interceptors get called, and how ne interceptor know which
is the next one.

Each operation is associated with an ordered list of interceptor As you may not want to implement
some operation, these lists may be longer or shorter. For instance, the search operation is
handled by pretty much all the interceptor, but ChangeLogInterceptor or JournalInterceptor
(because we don't log searches, and a search is not an change). This is true for every interceptor.
This list may change, depending on which interceptor is loaded and enabled. If you add your
own interceptor, then the lists are going to be longer.

All in all we use a map<Operation, List<Interceptor>> to store this information.
the tricky part is to have this map created. Actually, you need to modify the server's configuration,
insterting your intercerceptor are the place you want, and this is the moment the map is fed.

Let's do that  : can you check the content of this map? You can get each operation list by
calling DirectoryService.getInterceptors( OperationEnum ) where OperationEnum is one of :

    ADD
    BIND
    COMPARE
    DELETE
    GET_ROOT_DSE
    HAS_ENTRY
    LIST
    LOOKUP
    MODIFY
    MOVE
    MOVE_AND_RENAME
    RENAME
    SEARCH
    UNBIND

Typically, try with SEARH, and see what list you have, and try with ADD to see what you have.
Your interceptor must be listed in both case.

Search, add, modify etc. I have tried inserting both next to the normalizationinterceptor
and at the very end of the chain. I run the ApacheDS as embedded service under dropwizard.
> You probably want to insert your interceptor after the
> normalizerInterceptor : That wuld be the natural position
>> I have a REST API performing CRUD operations. My question is: when I
>> call the Resource to perform add and search it calls the interceptor
> Hmm. Not sure I understand this sentence : do you call the interceptor directly, or is
the interceptor called by the uer layer ?

>> that talks to the connector to perform the proxy operation.  This works as intended.
But if I try modify and delete, it does not even hit the interceptor and there is no response.
Wondering what could be the root cause of this issue?
> Can you show the signature for these operations ?
>
> The information contained in this electronic mail transmission may be privileged and
confidential, and therefore, protected from disclosure. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and deleting the email
and its attachments from all computers without copying or disclosing it.