directory-dev mailing list archives

From Radovan Semancik <radovan.seman...@evolveum.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS/API/Mavibot/Fortress/Kerby/Escimo switch to Java 8 was Re: [Studio] Java 8
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2017 08:49:38 GMT
Hi,

Yes, yes, yes. The sooner the better.

However, it would be fair to have one java7 release where the java7
support is marked as deprecated. And only then switch to java8.
Especially for libraries and embeddable components. Such as the API. The
projects that are using these components may need some time to adapt. I
would recommend to proceed with API 1.0.0 release in java7 and switch to
java8 right after the release.

--
Radovan Semancik
Software Architect