directory-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Mavibot] Update
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2017 13:17:23 GMT

> On Feb 13, 2017, at 3:30 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Regardless, even if we commit after every single update, we are on par with the old version
of Mavibot.

> The cursor rewrite makes thebrowsing twice faster (I wrote a 1 million loop browsing
1000 values, which took 24s on the previous Mavibot version and only 14s in the new version).

> What remains to be done :
> - deletions aren't supported
> - Free Page list is not updated
> - There is no cache, which means we will quickly hit a limit : the memory
> - The page reclaimer is not implemented yet
>
> I'll keep going on my free time this week.

Speed is (almost) everything. 40% faster is a significant improvement — nice work.  I have
a few questions:

1. How fast can it go?  (what is maximum theoretical velocity for inserts/search)
2. When will this be ready to insert into apacheds?
3. How can we help?

Thanks,
Shawn