directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposed Wiki Update
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2017 14:36:09 GMT

Le 10/04/2017 à 09:42, Brian Burch a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have attached a proposed update to the apacheds wiki in the form of
> an svn diff against the trunk.
>
> Unfortunately, I haven't got access to a compatible wiki (I use apache
> jspwiki) and so have not been able to verify my markup. Please assume
> there are errors which will require correction before achieving a
> common look-and-feel with the existing page content.
>
> Also...
>
> I was strongly tempted to change the title of this particular wiki
> page, number 1.4.3. I resisted the temptation for two reasons:
>
> 1. I do not understand why it is called "Adding your own partition
> resp. suffix", but perhaps I am just being dim? I don't understand the
> abbreviation "resp." For what it is worth, I would prefer it to be
> called simply "Adding your own partition", or perhaps "Adding your own
> partition and associated root suffix"?
>
> 2. I can see the exact title is used in the navigation tags of other
> pages and so I would not want to break those inter-page links.
>

> I hope this is helpful!
>
> Brian

Many thanks !

I have applied your changes, and it's now visible for verification on
http://directory.staging.apache.org/apacheds/basic-ug/1.4.3-adding-partition.html.

If you like it, I can publish it. It seems good to me, just for the record.

I changed the title, because I was not able to remember why we added
'resp. suffix'... The page was created in 2008, never renamed since
them, and my guess is that 'resp.' is for well, I don't know. 'respective' ?

In any case, it's not anymore there, and I think I have fixed the
navigation too.

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com