directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Is there an easy way to bypass that Tanuki wrapper?
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2017 06:38:30 GMT
Hi David,

you should use the Archive version of ApacheDS, which does not embed the
wrapper. It has an apacheds.sh shell script that you can use to start the
server. Note that it won't set any start/shutdown script in /etc/init.d :
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/downloads.html

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 1:50 AM, David Ing <ing.dave@gmail.com> wrote:

> I deploy ApacheDS inside of a Docker container with my own set of
> scripts.  Ideally I could just configure log4j to log to stdout (this feeds
> nicely into my Docker logging system).  Unfortunately, the Tanuki wrapper
> blocks anything going to 'stdout'.
>
> Is there an alternative way that I can start apacheds which bypasses the
> wrapper altogether?
>
> Perhaps you have a jar-with-dependencies in Nexus somewhere that I can
> just call.  If so, what is the Maven coordinate?
>
> BTW ... I tried the toggling the Tanuki property "wrapper.console.direct",
> but it didn't work.  Here are some notes from my wrapper.conf file:
>
> # According to Tanuki documentation:
> #   When set to TRUE, the Wrapper will make use of Windows APIs to write console log
output to the console window.
> #   When FALSE, the Wrapper works like UNIX in that it writes the output to the stdout
or stderr pipes. Writing to pipes
> #   makes it possible to redirect the output into another application. If you redirect
to a file or another application
> #   then this rendering speed hit can be avoided. The default value is "TRUE".
> # If the documentation was correct this should be FALSE to redirect output from the JVM
to stdout.  However this setting

--
Regards,
Cordialement,