directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject LDAP API svn migration : update
Date Sun, 20 Aug 2017 21:32:29 GMT
Hi !

I have started the migration on saturday afternoon (actually, on
saturday morning, but I had to start it 3 times, because it faled due to
some missing authors in the file containing the authors...).

So basically, it's running now for ... more than 32h ! :

503 45027 45026   0  8:29AM ttys002   32:11.09 /usr/bin/perl
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/libexec/git-core/git-svn
clone https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/shared --no-metadata -A
authors-transform.txt --stdlayout /Users/elecharny/temp

And I'm not seeing it being completed before a few days :/ It's still
processing the 0.9.5 tag, which is 9 years old, and we have 59 tags !

So... I'm willing to let the tool running a couple of more days, to see
where it brings us, but at some point, we should probably decide that we
should start form a fresh copy of trunk, and inject it into git, with no
history (as we still have the history in SVN anyway...)

Unless someone has a better idea, like using a faster tool to convert
the repo than svn2git ?

Thanks for any suggestion...

--
Emmanuel Lecharny