directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS vs OpenDJ testing?
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2017 06:17:01 GMT

Le 29/11/2017 à 06:44, Howard Chu a écrit :
> Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
>>

>> Le 28/11/2017 à 15:44, Marc Boorshtein a écrit :
>>> Just curious, has anyone compared the two from a performance
>>> standpoint?
>>
>> No, and it's even more difficult now that OpenDJ is close source.
>
> An older eval is in
> http://www.lmdb.tech/SymasDocs/2014-LOADays-jkozyra.pdf

Thanks Howard.

I suspect there might be an issue with the ApacheDS search numbers on
these tests though : on my old machine (a Mac), I was able to reach more
than 10 000 search request/s, with a correct tuning (cache... damn cache).

That would be interesting to conduct some new benchs for X-mas :-)

I forgot to mention that ApacheDS does fully implement
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4518, which is awfully costly. I'm not
sure at all OpenDJ supports that.

--

Emmanuel Lecharny