directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Studio & Java 9
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2018 06:33:11 GMT

Le 27/03/2018 à 08:07, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
> On 03/27/2018 12:45 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>>
>> Yeah, I really think it's the problem.
>>
>> I have committed a fix (using 30000L instead of 30L) because, anyway, it does not
make any sense to use such a short timeout.

> Yes, that was clearly the cause, I don't know why that was 30ms, maybe
> it was seconds before?

Most certainly. I would assume that it was a mistake in the API design -
using seconds instead of milliseconds - that got changed to stick with
JNDI timeout that uses milliseconds.

But anyway, it's not really problematic, and it went unoticed until I
ran the tests on my overloaded computer (I'm pretty sure I never had the
problem before, but I wasn't running a VM using 4GB of mem, beside
*many* other things, like 2 eclipse instances, Studio running aside,
FireFox with 200+ tabs opened, ThunderBird, LibreOffice... This is what
you get when you have 16Gb of available RAM and feel comfy never
stopping any app ;-)

That being said, what took me long was to set up the test env, and like
I said, I had to doom my workspace almost completely and reload the API,
ApacheDS and Studio - with the subsequent rebuilds - to get the test
working :-) Once done, it took me like 15 mins to spot the issue.

Thanks Stefan !

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com