directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error: I do not know how to handle NameAndOptionalUID normalization
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2018 23:15:49 GMT

Le 19/03/2018 à 21:57, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
</snip>

>> wdyt ?
>
> Is that a chicken-egg problem? To initialize the scheama partition we
> need the schema?

To read the cn=schema, we use the ou=schema (aka registries).

This is how it all works :
- first we load the registries, processing the enabled schemas
- then we initialize the partitions, including the schema partition

Obviously, some of the schema partition elements aren't known by the
registries (because we haven't load the disabled schemas), so we get
some errors - but that's not a problem, because we just load the
partition in memory discarding the errors we have met.

This is necessary because one can change the schema partition even if
the elements are invalid : once relaoded, that may be ok.

> How does it work for the enabled schemas? Are they present before the
> schema partition is loaded?

Yes, we have loaded hem.

> We init the SchemaManager with the SchemaLoader. Can't we just enable
> all schemas for initializing the schema partition?

Sadly there are some incompatibility between some of the schemas (nis
and rfc2307bis), so we can't load all of them.

What we can do though is to avoid reading the ldif files twice : if we
have loaded the schema in the registries, there is no need to load it
again while initializing the partition. Nte that it will not solve the
problem, just speed up he initialization a bit.

Thanks !

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com