directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question on Appache Studio - Team functionality
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2018 21:04:21 GMT

Le 29/03/2018 à 22:34, Burres, Vicky J a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I am new to Apache but I work with a team and we need to "share" the server and connection
so we can all monitor/add users when needed.

I guess you are talking about the Apache Directory Server here. It's a
LDAP server, and enybody can access it using LDAP protocol. It just has
to be installed on a server, and all the client has to connect to this
server (here client == studio).

 Also, can I run it as a Windows service

Yes, there is a windows installer with a wrapper that makes it run as a
service.

of doe the "run in the background" work in a similar means?  I saw the
team functionality

Not sure what you mean by 'team functionality'.

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org