directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Fortress 2.0.2 release
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2018 10:43:59 GMT
My +1.

o Built from sources and dist
o Checked the signatures
o Checked the N&L files
o Checked against ApacheDS

A few remarks :

- signatures on dist should not supply a SHA1 signature (neither a MD5),
SHA256 or/and SHA512 should be provided bseside a .asc file. You can
easily add the sha256/512 signatures to the existing dist directory with
the following command :

gpg -v --default-key "<public key>" --print-md SHA256 "<file to sign>" >
"<file to sign>".sha256

Same thing with 512.

- I had a bit of hard time checking the code against ApacheDS, because
the INSTALL-xxx files are a bit outdated (typically, the number of
successful tests is not what I get), and on MacOSC, tomcat is not
excatly installed as described
(/usr/local/tomcat8/apache-tomcat-8.0.30/... instead of
/usr/local/tomcat8/... as specified in the doco). Also the permissions
have to be set carefully (root vs user).

I think those INSTALL documents are of great values, but we might want
to simplify them - there are a LOT of manual commands to type, with the
risk of missing one - by providing a batch that does the job. It might
be wishfull thinking though ;-)

Overall, great job, Shawn !

--
Emmanuel Lecharny