directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LDAP API JNDI operations
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2018 08:37:48 GMT

Le 22/10/2018 à 10:07, Radovan Semancik a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Perfectly OK with me. I do not really see any point in mixing JNDI and
> Apache Directory API.

FTR, it was there for purely historic reasons...

The very first version (back in 2006) was based on the code we had in
the server, and when it was started in 2003, having a JNDI interface was
mandatory in order to make ApacheDS embedable.

As soon as the API was spinned off, JNDI has lost its value as an
interface, at least for us.

Still, there are some remanent scares in the API code, typically the one
I mentionned, as it's used by the server. Time to get rid of those !

Thanks !

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com