directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Wildcard searching
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2018 01:58:22 GMT
Hi,

yes, you can use wildcards, to the extend the attributeType supports
substring matchingrule. This is the case for cn and sn, so you can use
soething like :

(cn=chr*)

or

(cn=*ris)

or even

(cn=ch*s)

If you want to search the full base, be sure to set the baseDN to teh
root of your partition, and use the SUBTREE scope.

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org