directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: Caching in Fortress Core
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2018 19:56:06 GMT
On 11/16/18 1:18 PM, Shawn McKinney wrote:
> a. Continue to use the cache, but now have a listener attached to the data persistence
that notifies of change, and triggers a refresh.

> b. Remove the cache entirely and just pay for the cost.
>
> I’d say ‘a’ if the complexity and overhead isn’t great other b.

a) means you have to notify the other Fortress servers about the change,
right? This can be done using some pubsub mechanism but that requires
another component. Or you you want to use LDAP persistent search? I
think both is not strong consisten if that is important.

Maybe another option c) is to use a distributed cache.If I see correctly
Fortress already uses ehcache which also provides a distributed cache,
Terracotta Server, but I'm not sure about the license. There are also
projects at the ASF like Ignite and Commons JCS. Otherwise there are
Memcached or Redis.