directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Lothar Haeger (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (DIRSTUDIO-1199) 2.0.0-M14 doesn't display objectGUID / objectSid correctly
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2018 13:24:00 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSTUDIO-1199?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16674045#comment-16674045
] 

Lothar Haeger commented on DIRSTUDIO-1199:
------------------------------------------

I see the same with M14/jdk1.8.0_181/ApacheAPI on macOS against Edirectory 9.1.1 but not against
Edir 8.8.8.11.When I change the connection to use JNDI, the GUID is displayed just fine. So
it seems related to Apache LDAP API vs. JNDI.

I ran a little debug session and it seems as if _InPlaceUuidValueEditor.getDisplayValue(IValue)_
gets called with a non-16-byte long raw value (in my case 29 Bytes), so when it calls _InPlaceUuidValueEditor.convertToString(byte[])_
that fails in

{{ if ( bytes == null || *bytes.length != 16* )}}
{{        {}}
{{            return Messages.getString( "InPlaceUuidValueEditor.InvalidUuid" );
//$NON-NLS-1$}}
{{        }}}

If anyone can point me to the piece of code where the attribute value gets read off the LDAP
server and the TableViewer is populated, I'm happy to dig a little deeper.

In the mean time, using Java 8 and JNDI seem to be a workaround.

> 2.0.0-M14 doesn't display objectGUID / objectSid correctly
> ----------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: DIRSTUDIO-1199
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSTUDIO-1199
>             Project: Directory Studio
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: studio-ldapbrowser
>    Affects Versions: 2.0.0-M14
>         Environment: Linux, Debian 9.5, Samba 4.5.12
>            Reporter: Samo
>            Priority: Major
>         Attachments: m13.png, m14.png
>
>
> In Apache Directory Studio _2.0.0-M14_ *objectGUID* is displayed as "Invalid GUID", *objectSid*
as "Invalid SID" for a Samba 4 AD. In Apache Directory Studio _2.0.0-M13_ both attributes
are displayed correctly, as seen on screenshots.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v7.6.3#76005)

Mime
View raw message