directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Re: build issues on macos 10.14
Date Thu, 16 May 2019 13:43:00 GMT
HI Daan,

We haven't tested the build with Java 9. Also note that Java 9 (and 10)
are now EOLed.

I strongly suggest you also install another Java version  rathert han
the Oracle one, as its license has recently changed and does not allow
you to run it on your machine without paying something. Please check
https://adoptopenjdk.net/, this is  what I'm using on my Mac, and it
works just fine.

comments inline

On 16/05/2019 14:07, Daan Hoogland wrote:
> H,
> I am building directory server on macos 10.14.4 in order to try and
> embed it in a Apache CloudStack test suit(, for now).
>
> I have tried 1.5.7, 2.0.0.AM25 and latest head several times.
> toolchain describes itself as below. I am pretty sure the jenv
> messages are not indicative of an error. Each version shows a
> different error during the build and I've been looking for a correct
> combination for a while now. any help is appreciated. I finally
> managed to build latest head but with some local cleans and builds
> (-rf options). Is there some special build requirements in terms of
> JVM options that I should look at to make sure the build succeeds
> without hick-ups?
> Thanks in advance
>
> $ jenv doctor
> [OK]    No JAVA_HOME set
> [OK]    Java binaries in path are jenv shims
> [OK]    Jenv is correctly loaded
>
> $ jenv version
> system (set by /Users/dahn/.jenv/version)

This is more than bizarre. When I run this command, here is what I get :

$ jenv version
1.8 (set by /Users/elecharny/.jenv/version)

I suspect you have something wrong set in your environment