directory-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can help me some demo code about Delegation Control in AD in ldap api
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2019 13:44:09 GMT

> On Sep 12, 2019, at 7:49 AM, Shawn McKinney <smckinney@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Fortress provides administrative delegation using the ARBAC02 model.  I’m sure you
could do some searching to learn more if you have interest.

Here’s a primer on the topic.  Wish I had something to share with you that was more succinct
and to the point.

One day perhaps…

https://iamfortress.net/2015/06/11/what-is-delegated-administration/

https://symas.com/recent-improvements-in-apache-fortress-rest-delegated-administration/

Also you asked about pw policies:

https://iamfortress.net/2015/06/11/what-are-password-policies/

NOt so difficult of a topic as delegation.  Should be easier to find some samples.

Here’s how fortress does it.  Keep in mind the test class uses the fortress APIs, which
then call the Apache LDAP Apis, meaning you’ll have to connect the dots to understand how
the pwpolicy is interpreted.

—
Shawn