directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [Studio] ModifyPasword operation support
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2020 21:48:04 GMT
Hi Stefan,

we can't send a PasswordModify extended operation in Studio, and that is
a bit of a bother for servers that deal with support such operations.
The only way to get a password injected is to first hash it on the
client side, then send a Modify operation. This is unefficient,
especially if the server uses a specific Hash function that is not common.

What would it take to add such a feature in Studio (more from the
functional PoV, because technically this is pretty trivial). Typically,
shouldd we have a popup where we ask which user we have to change the
password for, or is t better to right click on a user and hhave a meny
entry 'Password modification' ?

wdyt ?