directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache DS 2.0.0.AM26 release
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2020 12:10:06 GMT
Thanks Shawn.

I have tested the build on Debian, with Java 8, and got these errors :

[ERROR] Tests run: 14, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
14.183 s <<< FAILURE! - in
org.apache.directory.shared.client.api.CertificateValidationTest
[ERROR]
testLdaps_Valid_RootCaTrustManager(org.apache.directory.shared.client.api.CertificateValidationTest)

Time elapsed: 1.022 s  <<< ERROR!
org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.exception.LdapTlsHandshakeException:
ERR_04120_TLS_HANDSHAKE_ERROR The TLS handshake failed, reason:
Unspecified: TrustAnchor with subject "CN=ApacheDS, OU=Directory, O=ASF,
C=US" is not a CA certificate
     at
org.apache.directory.shared.client.api.CertificateValidationTest.connectOk(CertificateValidationTest.java:337)
     at
org.apache.directory.shared.client.api.CertificateValidationTest.testLdaps_Valid_RootCaTrustManager(CertificateValidationTest.java:243)
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: SSL handshake failed.
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: General SSLEngine problem
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: General SSLEngine problem
Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path
validation failed: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException:
TrustAnchor with subject "CN=ApacheDS, OU=Directory, O=ASF, C=US" is not
a CA certificate
Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: TrustAnchor with
subject "CN=ApacheDS, OU=Directory, O=ASF, C=US" is not a CA certificate

[ERROR]
testStartTls_Valid_RootCaTrustManager(org.apache.directory.shared.client.api.CertificateValidationTest)

Time elapsed: 1.011 s  <<< ERROR!
org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.exception.LdapTlsHandshakeException:
ERR_04120_TLS_HANDSHAKE_ERROR The TLS handshake failed, reason:
Unspecified: TrustAnchor with subject "CN=ApacheDS, OU=Directory, O=ASF,
C=US" is not a CA certificate
     at
org.apache.directory.shared.client.api.CertificateValidationTest.connectOk(CertificateValidationTest.java:333)
     at
org.apache.directory.shared.client.api.CertificateValidationTest.testStartTls_Valid_RootCaTrustManager(CertificateValidationTest.java:253)
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: SSL handshake failed.
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: General SSLEngine problem
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: General SSLEngine problem
Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path
validation failed: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException:
TrustAnchor with subject "CN=ApacheDS, OU=Directory, O=ASF, C=US" is not
a CA certificate
Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: TrustAnchor with
subject "CN=ApacheDS, OU=Directory, O=ASF, C=US" is not a CA certificate

[INFO] Running org.apache.directory.shared.client.api.LdapConnectionTest
[INFO] Tests run: 14, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
2.222 s - in org.apache.directory.shared.client.api.LdapConnectionTest
[INFO] Running org.apache.directory.shared.client.api.ServerSchemaLoaderTest
[INFO] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
1.069 s - in org.apache.directory.shared.client.api.ServerSchemaLoaderTest
[INFO] Running org.apache.directory.shared.client.api.LdapSSLConnectionTest
[INFO] Tests run: 21, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
33.424 s - in org.apache.directory.shared.client.api.LdapSSLConnectionTest
[INFO] Running org.apache.directory.shared.client.api.AdsSchemaLoaderTest
[INFO] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
1.1 s - in org.apache.directory.shared.client.api.AdsSchemaLoaderTest
[INFO] Running
org.apache.directory.ldap.client.template.LdapConnectionTemplateTest
[INFO] Tests run: 9, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
1.278 s - in
org.apache.directory.ldap.client.template.LdapConnectionTemplateTest
[INFO]
[INFO] Results:
[INFO]
[ERROR] Errors:
[ERROR]
CertificateValidationTest.testLdaps_Valid_RootCaTrustManager:243->connectOk:337
? LdapTlsHandshake
[ERROR]
CertificateValidationTest.testStartTls_Valid_RootCaTrustManager:253->connectOk:333
? LdapTlsHandshake

$ mvn --version
Apache Maven 3.6.3 (cecedd343002696d0abb50b32b541b8a6ba2883f)
Maven home: /opt/apache-maven-3.6.3
Java version: 1.8.0_242, vendor: Oracle Corporation, runtime:
/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: ANSI_X3.4-1968
OS name: "linux", version: "4.9.0-11-amd64", arch: "amd64", family: "unix"

I'll investigate those erros, and the ones you mentionned (and Brian, etc).

I'm not sure it would forces me to generate a new release, IMO, I think
the best we can do is to cut this release, and get the errors fixed in a
coming new release.

Thoughts ?

On 03/03/2020 00:41, Shawn McKinney wrote:
> +1, built on centos 7, 8, Java 8.  Also installed binaries on centos 8 and ran fortress
unit tests.

> —
> Shawn
>
>> On Mar 2, 2020, at 12:02 PM, Colm O hEigeartaigh <coheigea@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> +1. Built and verified distribution, tested the upgrade works OK for various other
Apache projects that depend on it.