directory-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Boorshtein <mboorsht...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS as LDAP proxy / custom interceptors
Date Tue, 05 May 2020 11:37:34 GMT

> We want to use ApacheDS as a proxy to another LDAP server and try to adapt
> the examples for writing custom interceptors. Can you help us with the
> following questions?

Not sure your use case but take a look at MyVirtualDirectory -
https://github.com/TremoloSecurity/MyVirtualDirectory (my company's
project).  It uses ApacheDS' LDAP listeners for the front end and
integrates already with LDAP.  I think we did the integration using an
interceptor.  To do it correctly we had to merge some of ApacheDS' code in
and make changes to account for the differences between assuming accounts
are local vs remote.  It wasn't as simple as implementing an interceptor.