directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Moyer, Steven William" <smo...@psu.edu>
Subject LDAP API question
Date Mon, 04 May 2020 15:05:12 GMT
I've got a question about the intended behavior of the LDAP API with respect to LDAP syntax
that require escaping (or encoding?).  We've had multiple occurrences of users creating their
entries with back-slashes in the postalAddress attribute (This seems to be common in some
countries/regions).  Should we expect the LDAP API to encode these dstring values for us or
should we perform that transformation before setting the attribute's value?  Note that there's
no complaint when an illegal attribute value is added to an entry.

Thanks,

Steve