directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Move Directory site from CMS/svn to Hugo/git
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2020 21:13:30 GMT
One more thing : I'm quite sure it's not such a big issue to get used to
the new system. First, the content structure has not changed a lot, and
it's still markdown based. Second, we aren't going to change the
structure heavily in the coming months, so the learning curve should be
light.

I'm currently dealing with a MINA release, done last week, and I'm
trying to get it visible (ie updating the site). The big hurdel atm is
the Javadocs. I have opened a JIRA for that, buut the least I can say is
that the answers I've got so far are not really making me jump in joy.
For instance, using curl to push every single javadoc file is just
insane - and it does not work, I get blocked at some point -. The
alternatives are not going to fly: using jenkins or buildbot for that is
*maybe* ok for the new releases, not for the almost hundred of existing
javadocs we have...

If someone has a pointer on how to recursively push the javadocs
recursively to
nightlies.apache.org/directory/[apacheds|api|fortress|mavibot], I'll be
more than pleased !

I'm specifically thinking about something like :

$ rsync -av [revision]/ elecharny@nightlies.apache.org
<mailto:elecharny@nightlies.apache.org>:/directory/[project]/

I don't have a SSH access to nighlies, sadly :/