directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Move Directory site from CMS/svn to Hugo/git
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2020 19:27:20 GMT

On 16/09/2020 21:07, Shawn McKinney wrote:
> +1
>
> I still have reservations about how the new release process will work for publishing
using this new CMS, but don’t want to stand in the way.

> For example, currently, there’s a step-by-step instructions (provided by Emmanuel)
that is used on each (fortress) release for publishing using the old CMS.  I have no such
set of instructions for using the new.

> Please don’t take this as a critique on the work that’s been done getting this ready.
 It’s a concern about moving forward.  My guess, it’ll be better than before, but that
still doesn’t erase the concerns.  :-)

I have spent quite some time to write down this step-by-step procedure.
My understanding is that at some point, you have to spend time to learn
how new things are working. Hopefully, one single person can do this
work, and many benefit from it.

The question, this time, is : who will do the work ;-)