From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Directory and SCIM
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2015 22:16:03 GMT

> On Apr 21, 2015, at 3:24 PM, Steve Moyer <smoyer@psu.edu> wrote:
>
> We've started the process of open-sourcing our SCIM implementation,
> which was originally branched from the Apache Directory eSCIMo project.
> It's diverged so far at this point that it really can't be merged back
> in, but we'd like to contribute it back to the community as a second
> implementation (using a fully-typed Java system versus the mapper that
> eSCIMo provides).
>
> I just plugged OpenLDAP, Fortress and Apache Directory on the SCIM
> mailing list
> (http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/scim/current/msg02251.html) but
> didn't want to direct them to the source code just yet.  As we clean and
> generalize the code, we'll be putting it into Github until this project
> is formally adopted by the Apache Directory project.  It's probably
> going to take a while for the complete code to be available, but you can
> follow its progress at https://github.com/selesy/scim.
>
> Note that if the Apache Directory project isn't interested in our SCIM
> libraries and tools, we'll move this over to the PennState Github account.

Steve,

what relationship does your scim impl have with fortress?  It is dependent on the core?  What
options do you see for a future component - standalone sdk artifact?  So someone who needs
a scim impl in java could use your component + fortress core + (one of the) directories?

We should move this discussion into the developers list as that group will need to weigh in
on this proposal.

Thanks,

Shawn
smckinney@apache.org