From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] [Bulk] problem deploying fortress-rest
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2015 21:14:38 GMT

> On Apr 22, 2015, at 3:08 PM, Oleksandr Bodriagov (Polystar) <oleksandr.bodriagov@polystar.com>
wrote:

> Here are the files that you have asked for. I have renamed pom.xml from
> realm to pom_realm.xml.have manually deleted rest from webapps in Tomcat and restarted
Tomcat.
> Then I ran "mvn clean -e tomcat:deploy”
> And got as usually:

I suspect there is an error that isn’t getting sent to the tomcat logs.  There should be
more INFO messages showing up.  Another thing I noticed is your fortress realm impl pom.xml
is pulling the RC40 core jar which has defect.

1.0-RC40 core contains other artifacts that shouldn't be there.  For example, fortress.properties
and log4j.xml.  I suspect these extra artifacts are causing your problems.  So I would like
you to run another test.  In your fortress realm impl's pom change this:

    <!-- Set versions for depending jars -->
    <fortress-core.version>1.0-RC40</fortress-core.version>

to this:

        <fortress-core.version>1.0-RC41-SNAPSHOT</fortress-core.version>

and run mvn install in that realm package.

Also ensure you have run a git pull, mvn install in the core package before hand.

I’ve also noticed you are running on a mac.  The prereqs for the 10 minute guide is linux
distro.  This really isn’t a problem because it ‘should' still work so I’m assuming
there isn’t a bug related to mac deployment.  One of these days I’ll load this stuff on
my mac and give it a go but for time being you’re our guinea pig…. ;-)

Thanks

Shawn
smckinney@apache.org