From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: fortress rpm and tomcat deployment problem
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2015 23:09:49 GMT

> On Jun 16, 2015, at 5:27 PM, Oleksandr Bodriagov (Polystar) <oleksandr.bodriagov@polystar.com>
wrote:

> No, it is not a latest snapshot of the fortress-web. It is fortress-web
> with “FC-105 - [fortress-web] - redundant null check” as a last commit.
>
> To make an RPM we have done the following:
> 1. Created local branches for fortress-core/realm/rest/web using originals
> from 20th of May.
> 2. A. Added build.properties to our local branch of the fortress-core
>   B. Modified pom.xml in the core so that it automatically performs "mvn
> install -Dload.file=./ldap/setup/refreshLDAPData.xml” and “mvn install
> -Dload.file=./ldap/setup/DelegatedAdminManagerLoad.xml” by changing
> executions in maven-antrun-plugin to <phase>install</phase> and <arg
> file="./ldap/setup/refreshLDAPData.xml" /> or <arg
> file="./ldap/setup/DelegatedAdminManagerLoad.xml" />
> 3. All jars and wars are deployed to our Nexus server
> 4. Fortress-web’s pom.xml:
>   A. Copies build.properties from the core using the
> maven-resources-plugin
>   B. Loads <arg file="./src/main/resources/FortressWebDemoUsers.xml" />
> in <phase>install</phase>
> 5. Fortress-rest’s pom.xml:
>   A. Copies build.properties as well.
>   B. Changed maven-antrun-plugin to <phase>install</phase> and <arg
> file="./src/main/resources/FortressRestServerPolicy.xml" />
> 6. Created fortress-rpm (last execution step) that lists fortress-rest,
> fortress-web, and fortress-realm-proxy as dependencies, contains Tomcat’s
> tar.gz, and does the following:
>   A. Extracts tomcat
>   B. Adds “default” users to tomcat-users.xml
>   C. Starts ApacheDS
>   D. Imports Fortress configuration apacheds-fortress.ldif to LDAP using
> ldapadd utility
>   E. Deploys wars to webapps
>   F. Copies fortress-realm-proxy to lib
>   G. Starts Tomcat
>
> 7. Versions were increased simply because we made changes to pom.xml(s)
> and did many releases
>

> Have we missed something? I am concerned about executions defined with
> maven-antrun-plugin.

The maven-antrun now executes during mvn install correct?  Why are you concerned about it
- did you see an error during that phase?

My next question is have you successfully run this particular build outside of the rpm test?
 I’m also wondering why we’re not getting a more detailed log message from tomcat.  Can
you change the log4j.properties to get more detail?  (i.e. set the default level to debug).

> On Jun 16, 2015, at 5:27 PM, Oleksandr Bodriagov (Polystar) <oleksandr.bodriagov@polystar.com>
wrote:

> When do you plan to release the fortress-master that automates and
> incorporates other fortress projects?

It is required for next release.  Will need to discuss with team, not a lot of work but requires
moving git repos around - probably some low number of weeks.

> On Jun 16, 2015, at 5:27 PM, Oleksandr Bodriagov (Polystar) <oleksandr.bodriagov@polystar.com>
wrote:

> How to make fortress-rest run in https mode?

Need to run a test and refresh my memory on how its done and then document.  Maybe add it
to the Apache Fortress Demo as another test case.  As I recall it was just a matter of setting
up Tomcat for HTTPS and then changing the URL on the client side.  Speaking of - what do you
use as fortress-rest client test harness?

I recommend posting another question to this list for this issue.

Shawn
smckinney@apache.org