From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Bulk] [Bulk] RBAC Constraints
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2015 03:41:37 GMT
Today there is no way to do it.  The existing constraint mechanism here is for role activation
only - not permission checks.  It is worth discussing adding something like this.  It would
no be difficult.  It would require you to implement a callback interface.  Would something
like that work?

Shawn

> On Aug 24, 2015, at 9:59 AM, Chris Pike <clp207@psu.edu> wrote:
>
> Shawn,
>
> Thanks for the quick response. I was able to implement the time validator interface but
the validator compares a provided time against the constraint. I need to compare my arbitrary
input against the constraint. I should be able to store the constraint info and look it up
inside the validator, but how can I pass my arbitrary input to check access?

> ~Chris Pike

 The existing temporal evaluators all reside inside the same package. You may use one of those
as an example.