From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: All or Anonymous User Roles
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2015 16:41:41 GMT

> On Dec 8, 2015, at 9:26 AM, Chris Pike <clp207@psu.edu> wrote:
>
> Currently, our clients use the fortress API to lookup roles and permissions for the already
authenticated user. So being authenticated or anonymous is determined by the client and is
an input to the fortress API.

Agreed the client knows if it is authenticated or not but still confused on what you’re
seeking.  Are you asking to assign a particular role to a user based on the client’s understanding
of the same user's bind status?  Sort of like a ‘default’ role that all users have if
they are either anonymous or bound connection to ldap?

Shawn