From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Replacing Ehcache?
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2015 15:32:46 GMT

> On Dec 1, 2015, at 8:11 AM, Jan Sindberg <jsi@autorola.com> wrote:
>
> We have our own library shared across our applications. Our library is mainly a wrapper
or decorator with features such as event-bus integration and features for operations. I think
we currently use Guava for the actual cache. So my goal was to follow our enterprise decision
and use our library which our developers and operations should already know how to configure,
monitor, operate, etc.

Do you think the existing cache manager interface is sufficient?

If answer is ‘yes’, we would then change (fix) the cache manager infrastructure to allow
external plug-in.  This means you would build a new cache manager impl for your existing infrastructure
and plug it in using the cache factory.  Should be easy.

If the answer is ‘no’, we can discuss what’s missing and go from there.

Shawn